Discover a new healthier, guilt free way you & your family can enjoy the fried foods, along with all other foods you love, without having to compromise on taste, flavour or crispiness with very little to no oil.
I’ve highlighted the significant bits for you, just in case your schedule is tight.
Click the link you want to start with or, by all means, continue.
- The Ninja Foodi Max TenderCrisp Has 9 Different Cooking Functions.
- 6 Operating Settings.
- The 2-Lid Design Makes the Magic Work.
- The Pressure Lid Allows You To.
- The Crisping Lid Allows You To.
- No Lid Allows You To.
- Frozen Foods Cook to Perfection.
- Getting the Most Out of Your 2 Tier Reversible Rack.
- Accessories Brought from Other Manufacturers.
- Cleaning & Maintenance.
- Helpful Tips.
- Pressure Cooking Tips.
- The Ninja Air Fryer.
- The Good & The Bad.
Ninja Foodi Max 9-in-1 Multi-Cooker Electric Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer. 7.5L
- Price: UK: £199 – US: $214.99
- Style Name: The 7.5L Ninja Foodi Max 9-in-1 Tendercrisp Pressure Cooker & Air fryer
- Cooking Functions: 9
- Rank: # 1
- The Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
- Style Name: Ninja Foodi Max 9-in-1 Tendercrisp Pressure Cooker & Air fryer
- Capacity: 7.5L
- Colour: Brushed Steel Black
- Dimensions: (9-in-1) x W x H 38 x 42 x 35 centimetres
- Guarantee: Comes with 12-month free parts and labour warranty.
Right off the bat, I’m going to come clean with you. I have a confession!
I’m A Ninja Foodi Warrior!
I’ve also been on a quest for the past few years to improve my diet, adopt healthier cooking methods to improve my immune system’s health.
I wanted to achieve this without having compromising on flavour, texture or crispiness.
I needed to discover guilt-free ways my family and I could continue to enjoy the foods and dishes we love.
These include fried food such as chicken, wings, ribs, fries, chips, good old-fashioned fry-ups and roasts.
8 Months on We’re Over The Teething Pains
After so many months, we are now over teething pains. My son has used it almost every day for the past eight months. It is highly straight forward to operate, so it is accessible for all the family to use.
Brought on July 1st 2020, I can honestly say I’m in love with it more now than I was when it arrived.
It was a pretty big step up from the Ninja Air Fryer, and I was excited to discover in what way.
I intend to give you a fair and honest opinion, the good, the bad & the ugly.
I’ll also provide you with some guidelines and helpful tips for you to bear in mind and use if you ever decide to treat yourself and go ahead and get one.
As with any purchase decision-making, there are downsides along with the upsides to consider. It’s just that some products have more upsides than they do down.
Cutting Costs Did Not Go Well for Me at All!
Concerning cost, I had a bad experience. I first looked to buy the Ninja Air Fryer.
Whilst looking for the Ninja Air Fryer, another model swayed me. The Nuwave Brio 6L Digital Air Fryer, which cost including VAT £189.87.
The basket size swayed me, and the fact that it had a divider was also slightly cheaper.
I had also looked at the 7.5 Ninja Foodi Max Multi-Cooker, Electric Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer.
However, I still went ahead and ordered the cheaper one, excitedly waited for it to arrive.
When it did, I excitedly unwrapped it, set it up, cleaned it as recommended, and I made our first dish, fried chicken and fries. I wanted to try out the crispiness first.
Well, what can I say, it was disappointing, the food tasted electrical. I thought, OK, it’s new, that can happen.
But in truth, it affected the taste more than it should have.
I Heard A Loud ‘Pop’ & Smelt Smoke!!
When I tried the next day again, it had been cooking for about 10 minutes, and I heard a loud pop and smelt smoke.
The air fryer had blown up! (not all over the place but enough to pop and smoke).
Dismayed, I immediately called Amazon, requested a refund and was given a credit note to use on my next purchase.
Decided to make up the difference of £50.00, I went ahead and brought 7.5L Foodi Max 9-in-1Multi-Cooker, Electric Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer instead.
I’m pleased I had a disaster with the first air fryer I brought because It led me to make the right choice in the end.
My overview will be thorough as possible so that any questions you may have I will answer, and if not covered, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email.
Pressure Meets Crisp
The Ninja Foodi Max, also known as the Ninja Foodi Max TenderCrisp, is a new cooking method that uses Tendercrisp technology.
The Ninja Foodi Max allows you to harness the speed of pressure by reducing cooking times by up to 70% whilst retaining all those valuable and essential nutrients.
The crisping lid then gives your meals a crispy, brown, golden finish, making this is a super healthy way of cooking using very little to no oil.
The Ninja Food Max can use it for cooking everything, either stand-alone or in combination with your central cooker.
The Ninja Foodi Max Tendercrisp Has 9 Different Cooking Functions
- Air Fry
- Pressure Cook
- Slow Cook
6 Operating Settings
I love the digital screen, and it is sleek and polished with a rotating dial, so much more convenient than the push-button temperature control, which you seem to have to press to get to the required function or temperature endlessly.
- Keep Warm
As simple as the touch of a button, the turn of a dial, then press start.
Because the Ninja Foodi Max doesn’t consume a lot of electricity and vastly reduces cooking times, it cooks much quicker than a conventional oven.
Using a lot less energy and saving on those pesky electricity and gas bills helps, especially at a time like now.
The 2 Lid Design – Makes the Magic Work
“Using the pressure lid to tenderise, then use the crisping lid to crisp up your food.”
The 2-lid design lets you pressure-cook and crisp in the same pot allowing you to transition between all your favourite cooking methods, making the whole process so much easier and quicker.
The Pressure Lid
The pressure lid is a separate lid that you use in conjunction with the central unit.
Pressure cooks food quickly and easily and quickly transforms the toughest ingredients into the most mouth-watering meals.
- Pressure Cook
- Slow Cook
The Pressure Lid Allows You To:
This method of cooking maintains moisture and tenderness by locking in all the juices, goodness and flavour.
Meat, in particular, cooks to perfection, tender and succulent, falls right off the bone, not dry at all, great for pulled pork.
Steam infuses moisture, which seals in the flavour of food; it can cook delicate food at a high temperature gently.
This cooking method maintains the texture, colour and integrity of all those valuable nutrients your body so desperately needs, especially when it comes to food such as fish, seafood and vegetables.
This function cooks foods at a low temperature for more extended periods, helping to tenderise less expensive meat cuts and bring out food flavour.
You can cook many dishes in a slow cooker, including soups, stews and casseroles. This one-pot method of cooking also saves time on preparation time and cuts down on cleaning up.
Cooking low and slow gives you the ability to make homemade yoghurt using no artificial flavourings or sweeteners with your Foodi Max.
A favourite function of mine at the moment as I’m currently giving my Immune System a Boost.
The Crisping Lid
The crisping lid is attached to the main unit ad can be opened at any time to check on your food during cooking.
When you open, the timer will pause, and itself will turn off the heating element.
When the lid is closed, cooking will begin once again, and the timer will resume counting down.
Crisping Lid Allows You To:
- Air Fry
The crisping lid produces crispy, golden crunchiness and incredible flavours without using all that unhealthy fat and oil.
You can even air fry your vegetables, a new twist on the roast with just a touch of virgin olive oil.
The air crisp function also cooks to perfection from frozen, making the Foodi Max fast and convenient.
The Ninja Foodi Max is super quick and super-efficient, no more oven preheating, your casserole’s and cooks roasted vegetables will in no time.
From oven tender meat and the crispest roast potatoes, creating puddings and desserts, such as rice pudding and pineapple upside-down cake using the Foodi Max, has impressed me.
I love this function, a healthier way to cook bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes or fish.
Because the grill cooks at high temperatures, quickly browns or finishes meats by sealing in the flavour and giving them just the right amount of caramelisation or crispiness needed.
By removing the water out of your favourite fruits, vegetables, herbs, you’ll be able to make much healthier homemade snacks such as crisps/chips and jerky.
No Lid Allows You To:
Five temperature settings allow you to use your Food Max as a cooking pot, just like you would use a cooking pot on your oven top.
It allows you to build flavour by searing and browning meats, sauteing vegetables or making flavoursome gravies and sauces.
Frozen Food Cooks to Perfection
Because the Ninja Foodi Max has quite a significant element, a small cooking area and a powerful fan, it heats up super quick.
Frozen foods are cooked in half the suggested time, all your frozen favourites such as pies, burgers, sausages, fish fingers, chicken burgers and fish.
Does a great job of crisping up bread rolls and croissants straight from frozen too
All accessories are replaceable effortless to clean, and dishwasher safe.
- Cooking Pot- Ceramic (7.5 litres)
- Cook & Crisp Basket. (4.7 litres)
- Diffuse for Cook & Crisp Basket
- 2 Tier Reversible Rack
- Ninja Foodi Cooking Guidelines & Recipe Book
1. You can create 360 meals quickly and easily by placing meats (proteins) on the top layer, sides on the lower layer and grains at the bottom of the pot.
2. For best results, use the top layer for crisping, the lower layer for roasting, and the pot’s bottom for wetter ingredients.
3. When air crisping two layers, such as chicken, make sure to allow an extra 5-15 mins for the lower layer to a crisp before adding the top layer.
Getting the Most Out of Your 2 Tier Reversible Rack
- When fully assembled, the rack can increase capacity to cook up to 8 chicken breasts or salmon fillets at once.
- Grill, chicken, steak, seafood and more.
- You can use this level for steaming vegetables, sides and more.
Accessories Brought from Other Manufactures
I also brought an array of other accessories which you can purchase as a set or individually. As you can see in the picture below is quite a collection, but all equally helpful.
- Baking Tins: Including pizza pan, cake baking pan.
- Multi-Purpose Skewers: Get those Kebabs going this summer.
- Silicone Mat: Protect your countertops from hot pots and accessories.
- Silicone Oil Brush: Handy when brushing oil, seasoning and sauces on food.
- Silicone Cupcake Molds: Bake cupcakes, fairy cake, stuffing, use your imagination.
- Silicone Egg Bite Molds: Can be used to make egg bites, baby food or even ice cubes if you want.
- Silicone Egg Rack: Make perfect eggs every time.
- Cake Spatula: Helps when baking, sauce making etc.
- Tongs: Safely remove hot foods.
- Silicone Oven Mitts: These are anti-heat to protect your hands.
- Steam Diverted: Made from Silicon, it is heat resistant and can be used on the pressure lids release valve, providing an extra layer of safety when the steam needs to be released.
- 3 x Magnetic Cheat Sheets; Gives you suggested cooking times for meat, veg, seafood & frozen food.
Cleaning & Maintenance
I couldn’t have been more pleasantly surprised by how easy the pot, crisping basket and reversible rack are to wash using just dish soap and water. No need to scour; you will get the job quickly and effortlessly done.
The pot is ceramic, which is excellent. Teflon doesn’t last forever and eventually begins to peel. All accessories are dishwasher safe too.
Here’s How It’s Done:
- To clean the cooker base and the control panel, just use a damp cloth.
- All accessories, including the release valve and anti-clog cap, can be washed within the sink with warm water and dish soap.
- The pressure lid and cooking pot, silicone ring, cook and crisp basket, along with the detachable diffuse, can also be washed in the dishwasher.
NEVER put cooker base in water!
- To clean the crisping lid, wipe it down with a wet cloth or paper towel after the heat shield has cooled.
DO NOT use scouring pads. If scrubbing is necessary, use a non-abrasive cleanser or liquid dish soap with a nylon pad or brush.
- If food is stuck on the cooking pot or reversible rack, or cook and crisp basket, fill the pot with water and soak before cleaning.
- Air dry all parts after use.
- To convert oven recipes, use the bake/roast function and reduce the cooking temperature by five °C.
- You can use any liquid for pressure-cooking; use broths or sauces instead of water to infuse additional flavour.
- Always use a minimum of 250 ml of liquid. Depending on your recipe, you may need to use up to 750ml.
- When switching from pressure lid to crisping lid after pressure-cooking, empty the pot of any remaining liquid for best crisping results.
Pressure Cooking Tips
- Time to pressure-cook will vary based on the quantity and temperature of the meat, along with the selected pressure level, and can take up to 20 mins.
- You can use Natural Release for large, delicate foods and starchy ingredients.
- When you are cooking smaller foods or ingredients sensitive to overcooking, you can use quick Release.
DO NOT quick release when cooking starchy or foamy foods.
- To quick release pressure, turn the Vent Release Valve to the VENT Position and allow pressure to release until the float valve drops.
Steam exits from the top of the pressure release valve. DO NOT reach over the valve.
The Ninja Air Fryer, Not Forgetting the Baby
I first started using the baby of the bunch, the Ninja Air Fryer, in the US and used one for four years. This unit comes in two sizes.
The + Ninja Air Fryer
Cost: UK £108.78 – US: $99.99
Capacity: UK 3.8L – US: 4 Quart
Cooking Functions: UK & US: 4
Accessories: Dishwasher safe
Ninja Air Fryer Max
Cost: UK £179.00 – US: $129.99
Capacity: UK 5.2L – US: 5.5 Quart
Cooking Functions: UK 6 – US: 7
Accessories: Dishwasher Safe
What The Difference?
This unit is smaller and is an air fryer only; however, do not let that put you off; it was the Ninja Air Fryer that led me to fall in love with Ninja products in the first place.
I thought the Ninja Smoothie Maker was pretty good, but it was the Ninja Air Fryer that sealed the deal.
I was sceptical at first telling you the truth, figuring out how fried chicken and chips could taste anywhere near as good as real fried chicken and chip deep-fried in lots of unhealthy good-tasting oil.
The Answer Was In the First Bite
My answer came with the first bite, and the wings were delicious, the juices locked in, making each the meat moist and flavoursome. To my surprise, I was not disappointed and hooked from then.
Roast Pork, pulled pork, ribs, roast beef and chicken. If you are a meat lover, this will suit you down to the ground.
However, it is not all about the meats, vegetables, fish and seafood are cooked to perfection in this little gem, along with frozen foods.
The Good & The Bad Too
As I’m sure you can tell by now, I love this product and wouldn’t be without it. Sometimes I wish I had two to cook more in one go; however, working in conjunction with a cooker works very well.
It does take a little time to get used to, but the beauty with the Ninja Foodi Max is that you don’t have to be a cooking expert easily and quickly make great tasting food.
As long as you follow the guidelines, tips, suggestions and adhere to the recipes outlined in the recipe book, you won’t go wrong.
Over time using your Foodi Max will become second nature, just like when you use your regular cooker.
For the more creative among you, you will love the Ninja Foodi Max and have a great time experimenting with dish after dish.
You can have fun finding your happy place and comfort zone, impressing your family and guests with your suburb deliciously tasting meals.
It’s also helpful to bear in mind because it is the size (it is pretty chunky). You will need enough counter space, including height space, to accommodate.
You will need adequate room to open and close the lid. It would not be a good idea to place your Ninja Foodi Max under any overhead cupboards. The steam from the pressure cooker would ruin the wood.
When new and used for the first few times, you may notice an electrical smell. This smell is typical and soon disappears, so there would be no need for concern unless the smell persisted and interfered with the taste of your food.
Any More Questions Need Answering? Get in Touch
Finally, I’m sure you may have guessed that I love this product and can’t wait to step up and see what comes next.
Please check out my YouTube channel, where you’ll find up and coming videos about the Ninja Foodi Max, recipes, tips, tricks and fun conversation.
If there is anything you’d like to ask, please do not hesitate to ask in the comments area or by dropping me an email.
If you decide to purchase a Ninja Foodi Max for yourself, I hope you love and enjoy it much as I love and enjoy mine.
Stay Safe, Stay, Strong, Stay Healthy